questions for you to ask your buyer
Questions that Breeders ask Buyers
A reputable breeder will feel a duty-of-care towards their litters. Prospective new owners can expect an interrogation of varying intensity and should take it as a measure of breeder integrity.
- Is the property secured with fencing/ walling/ locked gate? (general security of the pup)
- Where will the puppy sleep at night? (safety and socialization)
- What other animals do you have? (early acclimatization of the pup, predator/prey issues)
- Who will take care of and feed the puppy during the day? (abandonment concerns, pups need attention and frequent feeding in the early months)
- Why do you want an IW puppy?
- Would you want to breed with your puppy later on?
- Will you take your puppy to socialization & training classes? (with such a powerful animal this is essential)
- Do you have children and if so how old are they? (young children, say, <5 can be injured by a boisterous puppy)
- Who will the puppy belong to and who will be responsible for feeding and general well being?